What is the dress code?
Being in Maryland, the weather can be completely unpredictable. Our ceremony is outside (although there is a backup plan in the event of rain), so please dress for the weather. Our reception, while indoors, provides an open-air atmosphere (i.e., they open the windows – weather permitting), so if it’s hot outside, it might be hot inside.
We are not formal people, so please do not feel like you need to dress to the 9’s. Wear something comfortable (we expect you to dance) but I don’t recommend jeans and a t-shirts.
How is dinner being served?
We’re all family here, so we loved the idea of a family-style dinner! This means that you do not need to choose your meat and sides in advance and you won’t have to wait in a buffet line. All tables will have all meat choices and all sides placed in the center of the table, so guests can serve themselves (AND take seconds!) at their leisure.
For more information on the dinner and dessert menu, click here!
I heard there’s no registry!
As many of you know, Ryan and I are passionate about giving back to our community. Throughout our relationship, we have dedicated countless hours and dollars to supporting those in need. In lieu of gifts, it would mean the world to us if our guests would take the money that you’d spend on a gift and put it towards someone who truly needs it. We have chosen three of our favorite organizations:
- GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis – Krystle was on the Start-Up Committee and Board of Directors for GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis for 3 years, where she helped to bring this incredible organization to Maryland! GiGi’s Playhouse Annapolis is committed to promoting awareness, education, and celebration of individuals with Down syndrome within the community.
If you are donating to GiGi’s, please select the box on the donation page that says “This donation is in honor or memory of someone” and put “Grace Corcoran” as the honoree. You can put my information (Krystle Foy) in “person to notify,” and include our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Saving Grace Animal Rescue – Ryan and Krystle have fostered almost 50 dogs and puppies in the last 5 years. This is a cause that is very near and dear to our hearts. Saving Grace is an all-volunteer non-profit animal rescue. In addition to the typical expenses of food, medicine, and training supplies, the organization often pays for medical bills and specialized training to ensure that all dogs who come through their “doors” are prepared to live healthy, happy lives when they make to their (hopefully) forever homes. They do not have a facility but instead, operate exclusively on a foster basis. If there are no available foster homes, they cannot take in new animals. We are committed to helping this wonderful organization rescue as many dogs as possible.
If you would like to donate to Saving Grace Animal Rescue, please click here.
Are children welcome?
Unfortunately, our venue is very small and we were very limited in our guest list. We would love to celebrate with EVERYONE, but we had to make some tough choices. Unless specifically included on your invitation, please keep the kids at home and come out and enjoy a kid-free night (it’s an open bar, so who wants their kids there anyway??).
What hotels are nearby?
We do not have rooms blocked, since there are very few guests coming in from out of town. For those who will be traveling from out of town, here are 3 hotels that are local to our venue:
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham (Gambrills, MD)
- The Hotel at Arundel Preserve (Hanover, MD)
- BWI Airport Marriott (Linthicum Heights, MD – closest hotel to BWI airport)
I have a question that was not answered here. Who do I contact?
You can reach both of us at email@example.com or feel free to call/text Krystle at (410) 916-1265 or Ryan at (410) 218-3673.